Performance Task – Expressions & Equations – Franchise Frenzy: McDonald’s
In the Franchise Frenzy Performance Task, students use real sales data from their favorite restaurant chain to practice writing expressions and equations. As Chief Financial Officer of the chain, they have to review the sales projections of and expectations for a new franchise as well as thinking about the other costs associated with running a franchise. Along the way students also learn some of the vocabulary used in this industry.
What’s included in each Performance Task:
* Teacher Guide – Get an overview of the Performance Task, including helpful suggestions for use and the Common Core alignment for each activity.
* Level 1 Activity – Laying the foundation. Students start by practicing a core skill matched to a Common Core State standard.
* Level 2 Activity – Adding some complexity. Students integrate a different skill or set of skills from the Level 1 activity.
* Challenge Activity – Bring on the critical thinking! Stretch students to reason with math and data to come to conclusions.
* Finale Activities – Extend the learning. Each activity also includes a finale to extend the math lesson into another subject (usually ELA).
* Complete Answer Key – All Performance Tasks come with a complete answer key for all activities.
* Job Background – Each Performance Task enables students to picture themselves in a real world career. Find information about the career, including entry-level education, median pay, and job outlook.
This set also comes with student versions, which include everything but the teacher guide and answer key.
Check out the all-edition set of this Performance Task here!
Thanks and be sure to check out our other Performance Tasks!