Performance Task – Multiplication & Fractions – Apptastic V: Shopping
Performance Task Overview:
In the Apptastic Performance Task, students use real data from the Android App Store for popular Shopping apps to practice multiplying with multi digit numbers ending in zero and finding fractions with denominator 10 and converting these to fractions and percentages. As app developers, students have to use the data to analyze which types of app in the category are the most successful!
What’s included in this Performance Task:
* Teacher Guide – Get an overview of the Performance Task, including helpful suggestions for use and the Common Core alignment for each activity.
* Level 1 Activity – Laying the foundation. Students start by practicing a core skill matched to a Common Core State standard.
* Level 2 Activity – Adding some complexity. Students integrate a different skill or set of skills from the Level 1 activity.
* Challenge Activity – Bring on the critical thinking! Stretch students to reason with math and data to come to conclusions.
* Finale Activities – Extend the learning. Each activity also includes a finale to extend the math lesson into another subject (usually ELA).
* Complete Answer Key – All Performance Tasks come with a complete answer key for all activities.
* Job Background – Each Performance Task enables students to picture themselves in a real world career. Find information about the career, including entry-level education, median pay, and job outlook.
Thanks and be sure to check out our other Performance Tasks!