Performance Task – Narrative Reading & Writing – Genre Knowledge – ELA - Sports
In Genre Knowledge Performance Task, students use real information on recent movies and movies in their favorite genre to practice narrative reading and writing. As screenwriters, they write treatments (film synopses) for another popular movie, before developing their own. They discuss their genre specific treatment at a screenwriters group before writing their final version.
What’s included in this Performance Task:
* Teacher Guide – Get an overview of the Performance Task, including helpful suggestions for use and the Common Core and skills alignment for each activity.
* Level 1 Activity – Laying the foundation through reading. Students start by annotating and analyzing a text that carefully models the text type.
* Level 2 Activity – Starting to write. Students use what they have learned so far to complete a short piece of writing or plan their writing.
* Challenge Activity – Bring on the collaboration! Fun and engaging speaking and listening activities through authentic simulations lead students toward their final piece of extended writing.
* Finale Activities – Finish up. Each performance task ends with five options for extended writing of the same text type within a real-world context.
* Complete Answer Key – All Performance Tasks come with a complete answer key and rubric for all activities.
* Job Background – Each Performance Task enables students to picture themselves in a real world career. Find information about the career, including entry-level education, median pay, and job outlook.
Click here to find the all-edition set of this Performance Task!
Thanks and be sure to check out our other Performance Tasks!