Performance Task – Narrative Reading & Writing – Show Me the Money – ELA – Adele
In Show Me the Money Performance Task, students use their favorite artist to practice narrative reading and writing for a real world purpose. As concert promoters, they have to write a blog post about attending a concert by the artist in order to stir up excitement. They read other blogs and a script and then write sensory phrases for their own blog. They then conduct an interview with the artist themselves, before writing their final blog.
What’s included in this Performance Task:
* Teacher Guide – Get an overview of the Performance Task, including helpful suggestions for use and the Common Core and skills alignment for each activity.
* Level 1 Activity – Laying the foundation through reading. Students start by annotating and analyzing a text that carefully models the text type.
* Level 2 Activity – Starting to write. Students use what they have learned so far to complete a short piece of writing or plan their writing.
* Challenge Activity – Bring on the collaboration! Fun and engaging speaking and listening activities through authentic simulations lead students toward their final piece of extended writing.
* Finale Activities – Finish up. Each performance task ends with five options for extended writing of the same text type within a real-world context.
* Complete Answer Key – All Performance Tasks come with a complete answer key and rubric for all activities.
* Job Background – Each Performance Task enables students to picture themselves in a real world career. Find information about the career, including entry-level education, median pay, and job outlook.
Click here to find the all-edition set of this Performance Task!
Thanks and be sure to check out our other Performance Tasks!