Performance Task – Odd & Even Numbers and Informative Writing – Odd Animals
In the Odd Animals Performance Task, students use their favorite wild animal to practice determining if numbers are odd or even, including solving addition word problems. As vets at an animal park they have to make sure the animals live in pairs and then decide how to house the animals using a selection of possible enclosures. The premise continues through a speaking and listening activity and a final writing assignment where students have to write information for signs to display next to the animal enclosures. Levels of critical thinking build throughout.
What’s included in this Performance Task:
* Teacher Guide – Get an overview of the Performance Task, including helpful suggestions for use and the Common Core alignment for each activity.
* Level 1 Activity – Laying the foundation. Students start by practicing a core skill matched to a Common Core State standard.
* Level 2 Activity – Adding some complexity. Students integrate a different skill or set of skills from the Level 1 activity.
* Challenge Activity – Bring on the critical thinking! Stretch students to reason with math and data to come to conclusions.
* Finale Activities – Extend the learning. Each activity also includes a finale to extend the math lesson into another subject (usually ELA).
* Complete Answer Key – All Performance Tasks come with a complete answer key for all activities.
Thanks and be sure to check out our other Performance Tasks!