Performance Task – Pythagorean Theorem and Trigonometry – Zipping Along - Peru
In Zipping Along Performance Task, students use data from zip line courses to practice proving triangle similarity, proving the Pythagorean theorem with similar triangles, applying the Pythagorean theorem and using trigonometric ratios. As adventure course designers, they are investing the math behind zip lines to build their own course.
What’s included in this Performance Task:
* Teacher Guide – Get an overview of the Performance Task, including helpful suggestions for use and the Common Core alignment for each activity.
* Level 1 Activity – Laying the foundation. Students start by practicing a core skill matched to a Common Core State standard.
* Level 2 Activity – Adding some complexity. Students integrate a different skill or set of skills from the Level 1 activity.
* Challenge Activity – Bring on the critical thinking! Stretch students to reason with math and data to come to conclusions.
* Finale Activities – Extend the learning. Each activity also includes a finale to extend the math lesson into another subject (usually ELA).
* Complete Answer Key – All Performance Tasks come with a complete answer key for all activities.
* Job Background – Each Performance Task enables students to picture themselves in a real world career. Find information about the career, including entry-level education, median pay, and job outlook.
Check out the all-edition set of this Performance Tasks!
Thanks and be sure to check out our other Performance Tasks!