Performance Task – Ratio & Rates – Top Picks: Zit Cream
In the Top Picks Performance Task, students use real data and information on zit creams to practice finding unit rates and using ratio and percents. As informed consumers, they also learn how to use this math to find the best value for money when choosing products.
What’s included in this Performance Task:
* Teacher Guide – Get an overview of the Performance Task, including helpful suggestions for use and the Common Core alignment for each activity.
* Level 1 Activity – Laying the foundation. Students start by practicing a core skill matched to a Common Core State standard.
* Level 2 Activity – Adding some complexity. Students integrate a different skill or set of skills from the Level 1 activity.
* Challenge Activity – Bring on the critical thinking! Stretch students to reason with math and data to come to conclusions.
* Finale Activities – Extend the learning. Each activity also includes a finale to extend the math lesson into another subject (usually ELA).
* Complete Answer Key – All Performance Tasks come with a complete answer key for all activities.
Thanks and be sure to check out our other Performance Tasks!