Performance Task – Surface Area, Volume & Percent w/ Decimals – Box Set It Up: Percy Jackson
In the Box Set It Up Performance Task, students use real data on their favorite book series to practice finding surface area, volume and percent with decimals. As publishing designers, they have to design and ship a box set for the book series and they learn about the logistics behind this along the way.
What’s included in this Performance Task:
* Teacher Guide – Get an overview of the Performance Task, including helpful suggestions for use and the Common Core alignment for each activity.
* Level 1 Activity – Laying the foundation. Students start by practicing a core skill matched to a Common Core State standard.
* Level 2 Activity – Adding some complexity. Students integrate a different skill or set of skills from the Level 1 activity.
* Challenge Activity – Bring on the critical thinking! Stretch students to reason with math and data to come to conclusions.
* Finale Activities – Extend the learning. Each activity also includes a finale to extend the math lesson into another subject (usually ELA).
* Complete Answer Key – All Performance Tasks come with a complete answer key for all activities.
* Job Background – Each Performance Task enables students to picture themselves in a real world career. Find information about the career, including entry-level education, median pay, and job outlook.
Check out the all-edition set of this Performance Task here!
Thanks and be sure to check out our other Performance Tasks!