Performance Task – Two-Way Frequency Tables – From Page to Screen – The Martian
In From Page to Screen Performance Task, students use movie and book data to practice constructing two-way frequency tables, interpreting joint, marginal, and conditional relative frequencies and using two-way frequency tables to find probabilities. As public relations executives, they must analyze the data to find the subgroups that most positively responded to a book and film.
What’s included in this Performance Task:
* Teacher Guide – Get an overview of the Performance Task, including helpful suggestions for use and the Common Core alignment for each activity.
* Level 1 Activity – Laying the foundation. Students start by practicing a core skill matched to a Common Core State standard.
* Level 2 Activity – Adding some complexity. Students integrate a different skill or set of skills from the Level 1 activity.
* Challenge Activity – Bring on the critical thinking! Stretch students to reason with math and data to come to conclusions.
* Finale Activities – Extend the learning. Each activity also includes a finale to extend the math lesson into another subject (usually ELA).
* Complete Answer Key – All Performance Tasks come with a complete answer key for all activities.
* Job Background – Each Performance Task enables students to picture themselves in a real world career. Find information about the career, including entry-level education, median pay, and job outlook.
Check out the all-edition set of this Performance Tasks!
Thanks and be sure to check out our other Performance Tasks!