Performance Task - Unit Rates & Ratios - NASCAR Crew Chief: Danica Patrick
Performance Task Overview:
In the NASCAR Crew Chief Performance Task, students use rates and statistical measures to find the data they need in a major car race. As a pit crew chiefs, they analyze the rates of use of everything consumed in a race, and plan a pit stop schedule for the driver that will maximize his time on the track.
What’s included in this Performance Task:
* Teacher Guide – Get an overview of the Performance Task, including helpful suggestions for use and the Common Core alignment for each activity.
* Level 1 Activity – Laying the foundation. Students start by practicing a core skill matched to a Common Core State standard.
* Level 2 Activity – Adding some complexity. Students integrate a different skill or set of skills from the Level 1 activity.
* Challenge Activity – Bring on the critical thinking! Stretch students to reason with math and data to come to conclusions.
* Finale Activities – Extend the learning. Each activity also includes a finale to extend the math lesson into another subject (usually ELA).
* Complete Answer Key – All Performance Tasks come with a complete answer key for all activities.
* Job Background – Each Performance Task enables students to picture themselves in a real world career. Find information about the career, including entry-level education, median pay, and job outlook.
Thanks and be sure to check out our other Performance Tasks!