Practice with area, perimeter, and circumference through critical thinking with this math journal. It covers VA SOLs 5.8a, 5.8b, and 5.9.
Includes five pages in which students must assess and correct common mistakes when working with area, perimeter, and circumference.
- Journal 1- Determine whether a given real-life situation calls for the measurement of area, perimeter, or circumference.
- Journal 2- Evaluate mistakes in finding the perimeter of polygons.
- Journal 3- Evaluate mistakes in finding the area of polygons (square, rectangle, right triangle).
- Journal 4- Given one of three pieces of information (radius, diameter, circumference) find the missing values.
- Journal 5- Solve single and multi-step word problems involving area, perimeter, and circumference. Prove answers using numbers and visual representations.
These journals go beyond basic practice as students evaluate common area, perimeter, and circumference mistakes and justify their thinking using visual representations. Use in math centers, small groups, or as homework. Great for independent or partner work to facilitate interactive math talk in your classroom. Ready to print! Answer key now included! NO PREP!
Save time and money by purchasing this journal as part of a Measurement Math Journal BUNDLE!
Measurement Math Journal BUNDLE
Check out View from Fourth's Other Measurement Math Journals:
Measuring Length Math Journal
Liquid Volume and Capacity Math Journal
Weight and Mass Math Journal
Elapsed Time Math Journal
Use this awesome PBL to increase student engagement and drive your instruction throughout your measurement unit
Classroom Arrangement PBL for Math and Language Arts