This bright and visually attractive project allows students to randomly create their own shapes for determining perimeter. Each students shapes and solutions are unique! Can be used at a math center as well. Older basic skills students can be challenged at their own levels. Ready to reproduce and go! (As an extension they may also determine the area.)
This item contains;
• Lesson directions, and introduction to perimeter.
• Reproducible example card.
• Graph paper reproducible in two sizes.
• Two practice worksheet with solutions
• Examples of student work from grades 6 to 8.
• Grading rubric
Time Frame: 3 - 4 class periods Grade Level : Middle school 5-8 CC Standards: 7 GB 6