Also included in
- Perimeter and Area BUNDLE of Activities - Your students will absolutely LOVE digging into area and perimeter with this bundle of FIVE engaging area and perimeter resources.The following resources are included in this area and perimeter bundle:City of Shapes: Perimeter and Area Math Project : Student$11.99$20.06Save $8.07
- You asked for it, and it's finally here! An absolute must-have, MASSIVE math projects bundle. There are thirteen discounted concept-based, differentiated math projects included in this bundle. This bundle of math projects includes 13 *Highly Rated* individual concept-based projects.ALL of the Math P$35.99$50.39Save $14.40
- An absolute must-have, MASSIVE bundle of all of my concept resources bundles. The bundles included in this ULTIMATE bundle are perfect for ANY teacher in grades 4+. Math projects, error analysis tasks, task cards, and other engaging activities are included in each concept bundle! This bundle inclu$79.99$119.64Save $39.65
Perimeter and Area Math Project Engage your students with this 12 page, real-world Perimeter and Area Math Project! Your class will be masters at perimeter and area after they complete this project. Students will create and design many buildings and aspects in an imaginary city: from parks and recreation to housing and hospitals - it's all up to them to design!
Students will practice perimeter and area with varying tasks while designing all aspects of an imaginary city. This project works in virtually any classroom: you can use a few of the pages or complete the entire 12-page project, depending on how much time you have. The final three pages require critical thinking and are perfect for differentiation and enrichment.
This Resource Includes:
- 12 Page Perimeter and Area Project
- Answer Keys
- UPDATED, Easy-to-use digital version in Google Slides!
This project is NO PREP, just PRINT these perimeter and area math activities for a ready-to-go project. For the printable version, you can use your own graph paper or print multiple copies of the graph paper provided in the project. Check the back of the packet for answer keys and sample cities to aid in grading and marking!
This product also includes a digital, interactive, Google Slides version with colorful pages and movable pieces that can be easily used in Google Classroom for distance learning or at-home learners!
Perfect for Grades 3+!
Please note: some of the dimensions of the city use two-digit numbers, which may be difficult for some 3rd graders to use when computing area. I'd recommend allowing calculators if it hinders their ability to complete the project.
What are teachers saying about City of Shapes: A Perimeter and Area Math Project?
"Loved this for having kids apply their area and perimeter knowledge to a real world task. The kids loved it and I was able to see how well they knew their math skills. Such a fun project based learning unit!" - Courtney Wright
"This was so much fun for my students. After spending a week on area and perimeter they just weren't getting it. So I bought this product to help them practice in a real world setting. It was perfect and kept them engaged for an entire week!" - Elizabeth P.
"Like all of Teaching with a Mountain View's math project, this resource is a must have! I have used it for multiple years with multiple groups of students. I have been able to use all of the project or just the pieces that my students need extra practice on. It's the perfect challenge for all my students. I highly recommend this resource for your math students!" - Karin T.
More Math Projects!