Periodic Table Activity Bundle - This activity bundle contains three activities on the Periodic Table and will save you 40%. Please read on for the description of each.
- "Students love technology! This was an excellent way for students to hone research and presentation skills and incorporated many learning styles."
- "Fantastic! The kids really love technology and had a great time completing this activity."
- "terrific resource!!! Thanks!"
- "Fantastic resource!!"
- "Awesome activity! A great way to keep my students engaged. "
- "love this! my students think that WebQuests are the best!"
- "My 9th-grade physical science class really enjoyed this assignment!"
- "Extremely thorough! Thank you so much!"
- "Awesome activity!"
If you are interested in a lesson on the periodic table have a look here - The Periodic Table - Chemistry PowerPoint Lesson & Student Notes Package
or at my complete bundle which contains the three activities and the lesson. That bundle can be found here - The Periodic Table - The Complete Package
1) Periodic Table WebQuest and Element Assignment:
Periodic Table WebQuest and Element Assignment. This assignment is in two parts, a WebQuest where students go to specific websites to find answers to the 22 questions. The second part is an element research assignment where they are assigned an element, research it and create a summary presentation.
The WebQuest comes with a complete answer key and the Element Assignment a detailed rubric which looks at the students presentation skills as well as content, layout and more.
The tasks will take from 2-4 days depending on how long you allocate for student presentations.
This assignment works well with my Periodic Table Lesson and is included within my Chemistry Introduction Unit - Atoms, Elements and Compounds.
Works well as an introduction to the periodic table, as review and/or as an assessment.
- Student WebQuest (22 Questions) with Answer Key
- Element Research Assignment
- Periodic table overview
- Valence electrons
2) Periodic Table Task Card Activity:
This 15 Periodic Table and Elements Task Card resource allows your students to review concepts involving Elements, Rows, Groups, Atomic Mass and Families. Example Questions Include: Question 1: Silicon is a ______ found in group _____. Question 2: This collection of elements on the periodic table conducts heat and electricity well.
I've created a video walkthrough which shows how this Task Card Activity is used and why it's so simple yet engaging for your students. It can be found here
This resource is very unique. It can be utilized in a clue gathering, puzzle solving, highly active and engaging activity for those learning about The Periodic Table and its Elements or as an alternative to worksheet review. Whether you do it as a whole class game or as a worksheet your students will actually want to get done, your students will want to finish so that they are able to solve the puzzle. The students must answer 15 questions and match their answer with the word(s) on the Task Card Review Game Word Chart. Once the correctly matched words are put in order (answer to #1, #2, etc.), they will display a motivational quote.
Do you use Science Workshops in your class? These would be perfect! All answers are included and the game is really easy to understand.
I've also included a simple word document which just contains the questions and answers. I usually give this out to my students after we've completed the activity for them to review at home.
- 15 Task Cards
- Student worksheet
- Teacher answer key
- Task Card Review Game Word Chart
- A complete answer chart for teacher and/or student use
Overview: There are two ways to use these cards
1) Task card review game - lots of fun!
- Students are placed in groups of two and have to work their way through the task cards. Each task card answer leads the student to a clue (a word).
- Once the group has completed each task card they will have enough clues to solve the puzzle.
- Once the group has solved the puzzle, they are the winner.
2) Engaging Worksheet Review with a goal
- Give out the Question Sheet and Task Card Review Game Word Chart
- Engage your students and have them want to complete their homework so they can solve the quote. This works in very much the same way as the game above except it can be done individually (or in pairs) as seat work or homework
- The students must answer the question then match their answer with the word(s) on the Task Card Review Game Word Chart. Once the correct matched words are put in order (answer to #1, #2, etc.), they will display a motivational quote.
- It really gets the kids interested and wanting to finish as they are rewarded with the answer
You may also be interested in these other Task Card Activities.
Work, Energy and Power
Work, Energy and Power
Space - The Study of the Universe
Biology: Cells and Body Systems
Chemistry - Atoms, Compound Naming and Chemical Reactions
Ecology and Ecosystems
Electricity - Current and Static
Forces and Motion
Algebra, Exponents and Polynomials
Money Word Problems - Calculating Final Price, Change and Cost
Order Of Operations - BEDMAS
Calculating Simple Interest
Algebra and Polynomials
Mean, Median, Mode and RangeCalculating Elapsed Time Word Problems
Pre-Algebra Word Problems
Area and Perimeter of Polygons Word Problems
Converting between Decimals, Fractions and Percentages
Decimals - Four Basic Operations
Multiplication and Division Word Problems
High School Mathematics:
Polynomials - Binomials and Trinomials
System of Linear Equations
Measurement of 3D Objects
Solving Quadratic Equations
Solving Trigonometry Problems
Please view the preview file to get a better idea of how you could utilize this resource in your classroom.
I also have other Task Card resources as well as a range assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please come, have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
For my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy
Teach With Fergy