This assignment and rubric meets the requirements for Hawaii Physical Science Standards with a focus on the Periodic Table.
HCPS III Standard(s)
SC.PS.6.8 Standard 6:
Physical, Earth and Space Science: NATURE OF MATTER AND ENERGY: Understand the nature of matter and energy, forms of energy (including waves) and energy transformations, and their significance in understanding the structure of the universe
Explain how elements are arranged in the periodic table and describe trends among the elemental properties
1. Working individually, each student will design then create a Periodic Table brochure.
2. The students will conduct an internet research to obtain the information needed to complete the requirements for the Periodic Table brochure.
3. Students will be able to self-select the medium used for making the brochure.
4. All students will participate in a gallery walk of all student brochures.
5. Students will provide peer positive peer feedback on the brochures that they examine during the gallery walk.
5. Students will complete a self- reflection write up.