Useful and Fun content:
- Six Foldables
- Getting to Know the Periodic Table
- Mystery Elements: Students are given a periodic table use what they know about the periodic table to identify the element from clues.
-Periodic Table Review Worksheet
-Elements Necessary for Life Project
-Old Element Cartoon (just for fun)
Objectives: The students will:
1. Interpret the arrangement of the Periodic Table, including groups and periods, to explain how properties are used to classify elements;
2. relate the physical and chemical behavior of an element, including bonding and classification, to its placement on the periodic table
3. use the Periodic Table to identify and explain the properties of chemical families, including alkali metals, alkaline earth metals, halogens, noble gases, and transition metals. and inner transition metals.
You may also want Periodic Table Collection of Activities that covers the history of the development of the periodic table and periodic trends.