Everything you need to teach Periodic Table and Bohr-Rutherford Diagram as an introduction or review is right here including the lesson, student handouts and a worksheet. The Power Point is interactive and engaging with demonstrations built right in and YouTube videos hyperlinked directly onto the slides. No more searching for videos, just click on the slide and it will take you directly to them. Also comes with a student lesson handout and a worksheet.
Interested in a Periodic Table WebQuest and Element Assignment to go along with the lesson?Click here.
Included in the lesson package is:
- The teacher version of the power point
- The student version of the power point
- A 4 slide per page PDF file for both the teacher and student copies of the power point
- A 6 slide per page PDF file for both the teacher and student copies of the power point
- A student lesson handout
- A student worksheet
In order, the lesson covers:
- The structure of the atom (protons, neutrons & electrons)
- Atomic number
- Atomic mass
- Valence electrons
- Categories of the periodic table (metals, non-metals and metalloids)
- Families of the periodic table
- The Bohr-Rutherford model of the atom
- "Neat, complete, and accurate. Highly recommended"
- "Great resource to have. Thank you so much!"
- "Great PowerPoint presentation and worksheets for students learning Chemistry!"
**Please note that the entire unit including 12 Power Points and 238 slides, can be purchased from my store for the price of 5 single lessons by clicking HERE
The student version of the power point contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
If this lesson have helped and you would like download the entire chemistry unit at a steep discount please click on the link below.
The individual Chemistry Lessons can be accessed below.
I also have a range assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store.Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.