"The Period Table of Elements - Free Sample" is a free PDF that provides an extensive preview of the “Periodic Table of Elements” product. This free sample contains the first 26 slides in a PDF format.
The full product is entitled “Periodic Table of Elements - PowerPoint Format” OR “Periodic Table of Elements - PDF Format” which consists of 58 slides. (Please Note: The full PowerPoint and PDF format contain exactly the same information ... they have been provided in the two formats to provide for the different preferences.)
The full Period Table of Elements PPT/PDF reviews and discusses:
- what elements are,
- what the periodic table is,
- how it is arranged
- the atomic number, periods and the number of energy shells,
- the groups, or families, and electrons in the outermost energy shells (or the number of valence electrons)
- how to read and use it,
- why it is important for understanding chemical interactions
- the number of naturally occurring and laboratory produced elements
- how elements are named on the periodic table
- the categorization of elements by their properties, into metals, non-metals and metalloids ... and the further subdivisions
- and it explains who designed the periodic table
- a summary is provided at the end of the presentation.
For younger students, it's possible to remove some slides that may be too advanced for them at this stage.
The lesson starts with easy to follow information, and slowly builds on what has already been explained.