Periodic Table of Elements Review Activity
Also included in
- Students will learn about the periodic table of elements using these fun activities. Students will learn and practice the concepts through a teacher presentation, science text, a scavenger hunt, choice assignments, review activities, and a poster project. Interested in reading about how I teach tPrice $25.65Original Price $28.50Save $2.85
- Looking for a science curriculum to last all school year that will help you teach your physical science, life science, Earth science, and chemistry units? Check out everything this science curriculum has to offer. This year-long science curriculum includes science texts, hands-on activities, classroPrice $326.71Original Price $363.01Save $36.30
- Teach your students about chemistry using these materials that will allow students to read to learn about chemistry concepts and practice what they learned. This Chemistry Bundle includes states of matter, physical and chemical changes, atoms, elements, and the periodic table. This chemistry bundlePrice $100.60Original Price $125.75Save $25.15
Acclimate your students to the periodic table of elements using this printable and digital activity as an introduction or review. Using their own table, students will search for different elements using the group, period, element name, symbol, or atomic number. This is excellent practice for your students to navigate the periodic table. Students love the scavenger hunt-like game to find the different elements.
- Find elements within a period, then in a group.
- After completing those two activities, students will use the period and the group number and have to find the element, symbol, and atomic number.
- Next, they will be given the element name and search for its period, group, symbol, and atomic number.
- Finally, students will be given a list of elements and have to determine whether they are metal or nonmetal.
This lesson includes:
- "How to use" teacher direction sheet and digital distance learning instructions to help distribute this to your learning management system such as Schoology or Google Classroom
- Three pages of student activities
- Google Forms (self - grading) link to the digital version
- Answer key
How to Use this Activity:
- You can use this activity in small groups or pairs so that students can work together to learn how to navigate the periodic table of elements.
- Assign this activity as a homework assignment to have individual practice using the periodic table.
- Distribute this activity to students who need repetitive practice to learn the table parts.
- This activity is perfect to use for sub plans.
Check out this feedback from teachers who have tried this periodic table activity in their classrooms.
- My students are working on this with partners right now and are loving it! The scavenger hunt is helping them understand how to read and find information on the periodic table.
- My students were very engaged as we worked through the activity and had multiple discussions on the topics. Nicely put together. Thanks!
- A great resource for review of the periodic table. Best part is I don't have to make a grading activity because of the added Google Forms! Thank you!
- I used this as busy work for the students when I was out for the day. They all worked hard to complete the work and did well on it.
Other activities and lessons to support your unit on the periodic table of elements:
- Elements of Me Project
- Scavenger Hunt
- Winter Word Search
- Valentine's Day Activity
- Nonfiction Reading Comprehension Packet
- Digital Reading Comprehension Activity
- Periodic Table Choice Assignments
- Poster Project
Kindly Note: If you have questions, do not hesitate to email me at Teaching Muse Email
PLEASE PREVIEW BEFORE PURCHASING
Thank you for visiting Teaching Muse. I would love for you to become a follower.
Teaching Muse followers receive new product information and discounts on any new items!
All rights reserved by Teaching Muse. This product is to be used by the original downloader ONLY. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. Additionally, this product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and violates the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). They are intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.