* Download the preview for details! *
* This lesson follows my Counting Outcomes and the Fundamental Counting Principle
lesson. Click the link to check it out!
This lesson includes 2 pages of guided notes and a 1-page assignment.
Students learn about permutations and combinations in the order below. They will:
- Learn the definition of permutation and what we mean by “order matters”
- Discover how to calculate permutations by applying the fundamental counting principle to runners in a race
- Practice finding permutations for different scenarios
- Learn the definition of combination and what we mean by “order doesn’t matter”
- Practice finding combinations
- On the assignment, they will also practice recognizing whether a situation is a permutation or combination
Answer key is included!