This bundle includes the Myth, Text Dependent Questions, Writing Prompts, Character Analysis, Vocabulary Matching Worksheets and more!
Great for Centers, Sub Plans, Homework, and for engaging your class so you can pull small groups!
We have developed this week-long lesson on “Persephone and Demeter”. This complete lesson bundle contains everything needed to teach and assess the myth of Persephone and Demeter. It is Common Core aligned and created to facilitate “Depth of Knowledge” (DOK) for your students. The myth is originally written and is aligned to be used as a CLOSE Reading activity (not familiar with CLOSE reading? It’s okay, we have instructions and anchor charts to help you incorporate it into your teaching).
You can use this unit in its entirety, or “pick and choose” the components to meet the needs of your students.
This unit contains the following elements:
• Persephone and Demeter Myth Reading Passage (originally written for upper elementary and middle school students; it is written with wide margins to facilitate annotation for CLOSE reading)
• Allusion Poster for Persephone and Demeter
• Character Analysis Activity
• CLOSE Reading Anchor Chart (poster to hang to show the symbols used to annotate in close reading)
• CLOSE Reading PowerPoint (Instructions on how to do teach CLOSE Reading if you are unfamiliar)
• CLOSE Reading Annotation Bookmarks
• CLOZE (fill in the blank) worksheet for students work on the skill of context clues, vocabulary development, comprehension attainment, or assessment
• Writing Prompts, including Essential Questions (also can be used for assessment)
• Tree Map Graphic Organizer (a Language Arts/ Grammar component to work on parts of speech)
• Venn Diagram to Compare and Contrast
• Vocabulary Words and Definitions Matching Activity
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. You can send us a “Question” through our store or email us at email@example.com
The Teacher Team
Here are some other items you may be interested in:
Greek Mythology King Midas and the Golden Touch Close Reading
Greek Mythology Pandora’s Box Close Reading
Butterfly Unit – Close Reading – Text Dependent Questions – Butterfly Report Included
Ecology Unit – Close Reading – Text Dependent Questions
Planets-Solar System Unit – Close Reading – Text Dependent Questions
Human Body Systems Unit – Close Reading – Text Dependent Questions
Volcano Unit – Close Reading – Text Dependent Questions
Animal Unit - Close Reading - Text Dependent Questions
Dinosaur Unit - Close Reading - Text Dependent Questions
Earthquake Unit - Close Reading - Text Dependent Questions
Plants Unit - Close Reading - Text Dependent Questions
Weather Unit - Close Reading - Text Dependent Questions
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. We value your feedback greatly as it helps us determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so we can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the red star
near the top of any page within our store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺
Copyright 2016 The Teacher TeamTM
All Rights Reserved by Author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.