This project assignment with rubric focuses on the Ohio Academic Content Standards for grade 3 Geography.
A . Use map elements or coordinates to locate physical and human features of North America.
01. Use political maps, physical maps and aerial photographs to ask and answer questions about the local community.
02. Use a compass rose and cardinal directions to describe the relative location of places.
03. Read and interpret maps by using the map title, map key, direction indicator and symbols to answer questions about the local community.
B. Identify the physical and human characteristics of places and regions in North America.
06. Identify and describe the landforms and climate, vegetation, population and economic characteristics of the local community.
C. Identify and explain ways people have affected the physical environment of North America and analyze the positive and negative consequences.
07. Identify ways that physical characteristics of the environment (i.e., landforms, bodies of water, climate and vegetation) affect and have been modified by the local community.
D. Analyze ways that transportation and communication relate to patterns of settlement and economic activity.
08. Identify systems of transportation used to move people and products and systems of communication used to move ideas from place to place.
Personal Community Map by Mrs. Melissa Simmons is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License