Financial Literacy for Little Kids
Do you know what your students really think about money? This Personal Finance Conversation Starter Sample Pack (FREEBIE) is designed to get students to open up about their feelings regarding money. Written just for grades 3, 4 and 5!
In answering these questions students bring their own unique perspectives and life experiences to the table and learn from each other. There are no right or wrong answers and you never know where the conversation will lead. That makes it all the more fun.
You’ll be amazed at what kids have to say about money!
Just imagine your students discussing topics like...
- Describe some rules your parents have about money. How well do you think these rules work? Explain.
- Who do you think saves more money, boys or girls? Defend your answer.
- What is a savings account and at what age do you think children should open their own savings account? Explain your reasoning.
- Explain what it means to you when your family is on a budget. How does being on a budget affect you?
If you and your students enjoy this sample pack you can find the complete set, which includes 96 cards and a presentation for easy whole class viewing, at my TPT store by following this link: Money Talks for Kidz
Topics covered in the COMPLETE lesson include...
* Spending Habits
* Borrowing Money/Loans
* How Products are Bought and Sold
* Career Choices
* What is Success
* Family Rules about Spending & Saving
* Feelings about Money
* Money Wishes and Dreams
* Questions and Concerns about Money
* The Value of Money
* What Money Symbolizes
* Money Ethics
* Budgeting and the Importance of Math Skills
Conversation starters can be used...
* as bell ringers
* as a warm-up
* for small group discussion
* for whole class discussion
* for journal writing (template included)
This sample packet includes:
8 Conversation Starter cards (sample packet)
4 cards on a Page
**Aligned with National Personal Finance Standards
Please provide feedback and follow me for upcoming freebies and sales!
Thank you for choosing Personal Finance for Teens Unleashed!
Check out my blog at...Personal Finance for Teens Unleashed Blog
Keywords: Lesson Plans, Cooperative Learning, Activities, Fun Stuff, Printables