Financial Literacy for Middle School
Do you know what your students really think about money? This Personal Finance Conversation Starter Sample Pack (FREEBIE) is designed to get students to open up about their feelings regarding money. Written just for grades 6, 7 and 8!
In answering these questions students bring their own unique perspectives and life experiences to the table and learn from each other. There are no right or wrong answers and you never know where the conversation will lead. That makes it all the more fun.
You’ll be amazed at what kids have to say about money!
Just imagine your students discussing topics like...
- Why do parents say to work hard in school and get a good job when you grow up?
- What is one thing that you always wanted to know about money but never asked anyone?
- What is credit card debt, and how do people accumulate credit card debt?
If you and your students enjoy this sample pack you can find the complete set, which includes 164 cards and a presentation for easy whole class viewing, at my TPT store by following this link: Money Talkz for Middle School
Topics covered in the COMPLETE lesson include...
* Spending Habits
* Budgeting and the Importance of Math Skills
* Borrowing Money/Loans
* Money Problems & Financial Security
* Career Choices/Success
* Money Ethics
* Family Rules Regarding Spending & Saving
* Feelings, Questions & Worries about Money
* Money Wishes & Dreams
* Credit Card Debt/Cyber Crime
* American Dream
* The Value of Money
* What Money Symbolizes
Conversation starters can be used...
* bell ringers
* as a warm-up
* for small group discussion
* for whole class discussion
* for journal writing (template included)
This packet includes:
8 Conversation Starter cards (sample packet)
4 cards on a Page
Actual Card Size 5 x 3 ½
Print on 8 1/2 X 11 Paper
**Aligned with National Personal Finance Standards
Please provide feedback and follow me for upcoming freebies and sales!
Thank you for choosing Personal Finance for Teens Unleashed!
Check out my blog at...Personal Finance for Teens Unleashed Blog
Keywords: Lesson Plans, Cooperative Learning, Activities, Fun Stuff, Printables