Personal Finance Simulation Semester Project
- Google Drive™ folder
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Save time and money by purchasing this Personal Finance course bundle! This product includes an array of Personal Finance materials that can all be purchased individually in the Business Girl store. SAVE $$$ by purchasing this bundle. Individual Product Descriptions:Personal Finance Tests and StudyPrice $18.99Original Price $24.48Save $5.49
- This Personal Finance resource contains a variety of materials to integrate into your curriculum. Key topics include careers, budgeting, banking, investing, credit, debt management, consumerism, and insurance. The activities, projects, bellringers, and quick writes (great for exit tickets) were desiPrice $89.99Original Price $125.38Save $35.39
This simulation provides students with 10 personal financial tasks to demonstrate their course knowledge. This project can serve as a portfolio and covers careers, SMART goals, budgeting, banking, investing, retirement, credit cards, student loans, renting vs. purchasing a home, and insurance, and includes a brief reflection section.
This simulation can be completed as a final project and makes the perfect final exam alternative or throughout the semester as you cover each topic. This resource includes a grading rubric based on 150 points to assess student mastery.
This project was designed to help students reflect on their learning and apply course concepts to the real world. Save time and $$$ while promoting collaboration, creativity, and real-world application by purchasing this product as part of the Personal Finance Activities and Projects Supplement Bundle.
Included in this product:
- Brief Teacher Guide (PDF)
- Personal Finance Simulation (in Google Slides™)
- Personal Finance Simulation Grading Rubric (in Google Docs™ and Google Sheets™)
Note to teacher: The simulation in Google Slides™ and the grading rubric in Google Docs and Google Sheets™ are editable. This simulation is best completed in a digital format.
- Research 3 career choices
- Identify a job posting for one career
- Write a short-, mid-, and long-term SMART goal
- Create a budget for a ~22-year-old
- Research and select a financial institution and account types that would fit their needs
- Allocate money for an investment portfolio
- Explain the risk and return of each investment selected
- Discuss factors to consider for retirement
- Research and select a credit card
- Identify features and costs of the credit card selected
- Examine student loan costs
- Compare the advantages of renting vs. owning
- Research and identify a home to purchase
- Calculate the down payment and examine the cost differences of a 15-year and 30-year mortgage
- Explain insurance needs
Thanks for checking out this product. You may also like:
- Food Truck Business Simulation Semester Project
- Retirement Lesson
- Personal Finance Mega-Bundle
- Entrepreneurship Activities and Projects Mega Bundle
Don't miss information about upcoming sales, freebies, new products, and other favorites! Click the link below to find me on your favorite platform!