If your students are needing to be exposed to the concept of personal financial literacy and you're wonder what to do, then these activities can do just that. Personal Financial Literacy
Use these activities to help the students comprehend these math concept.
1. 3 Subtraction using coupons activities. This activity is to demonstrate to students that coupons are a way of saving money/income.
2. Math at work activity. This activity helps students to critically think about the different math skills utilized on the job.
3. Income earning activity. This activity helps students to match money to work related activities.
4. Large Math skills activity circle. This activity helps students to recall some of the math skills they have learned. The circle can in turn help students to recall skills in different work/career related employments.
5. 3 foldables—Mailman, florist, doctor. These foldables helps students to critically think about the math skills needed to earn income on the job.
6. Employment to income earning activity. Students will match a job to a piggy bank.
7. Categorizing income and non-income earning activities.
8. Income earning foldable. This activity helps student to identify three different ways to earn an income.
9. Money as a gift foldable. This activity helps students to identify three different ways of receiving money as a gift. (Use the book called Sam and the Lucky money on bookflix to enrich the lesson).
10.Income and gift money foldable. This activity can help students to sort out their thought on the difference between income earning and money as a gift