Personal hygiene vocab and routines for speech therapy and special educators!
This is an important life skill to learn that can be difficult for some children and teens.
This product works well with all ages:
- For children – teaching hygienic items and their uses.
- For teens – including teen hygienic items, sequences for older chores such as laundry, and checklists for hygiene self-regulation.
What is Personal Hygiene? Social Story
• A social story to introduce the topic and explain the importance of hygiene. Instructions included on how to fold into a mini book.
Personal Hygiene Flipbook
• The flipbook defines hygiene, explains why it’s important, and discusses 3 main topics: teeth brushing, hand washing, and showering/clothing. The final page has 10 true/false questions as a review of the material.
Hygienic Items Flash Cards
• 12 hygiene item cards and 4 WH question cards
• Ideas: Print 2 sets to play a matching game.
Place item cards and question cards face down in respective piles. The student selects one of each and answers the question.
Hygiene Questions Dice Activity
• Use this activity to answer and discuss:
What are the hygienic items for?
How often do you use it?
Why do you use it?
Bathroom Interactive Scene
• A hands-on activity to teach or generalize personal hygiene concepts.
• Idea: You may consider laminating and placing Velcro behind individual pieces for long-term use.
Hand Washing Routine & Sequencing Match-Up
Brushing Teeth Routine & Sequencing Match-Up
Taking a Shower Routine & Sequencing Match-Up
Doing Laundry Routine & Sequencing Match-Up
Morning Personal Hygiene Checklist
• Checklist for teens to self-regulate daily personal hygiene. Empty spaces included for customization.
Self Assessment Page
• Use as an opportunity to have a student assess their hygiene and discuss what they can improve. Blank lines included for customization.
Black and white versions are found at the end of the document. Use as ink saving or coloring options.
Check out the preview to see what's included!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Go to your ‘My Purchases’ page. Beside each purchase you'll see a ‘Provide Feedback’ button. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for you.
Be the first to know about freebies, sales, and product launches:
• Look for the green ★ next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. All of my products are discounted the first 48 hours.