Having students write about what they do at a special place or a special activity that they enjoy makes for a great personal narrative assignment. This packet includes everything you need to help the students successfully follow the writing process:
1. A handout to teach personal narratives
2. Mentor text - "Every Friday" by Dan Yaccarino to introduce the assignment and as a model mentor text for organization - bold beginning, mighty middle, and excellent ending. There are also some comprehension questions if you want to read the story a second time.
3. Pre-writing Sheets to help students brainstorm ideas and organize the selected place/activity to share about
4. Drafting and Final Copy sheets
5. Writing Checklist to help students revise and edit their writing piece
6. Rubric to assess writing
Keywords: Personal Narrative; Every Friday; A Special Place