Personal Narrative Writing Unit of Study - Takes students through the entire writing process to write their own choice of personal narrative using "Ira Sleeps Over" by Bernard Waber as a mentor text. Some mini-lessons include teaching anchor charts, student handouts, and graphic organizers. A grading rubric is also included.
• Common Core Aligned
• 13 mini lessons to teach including:
* What is a personal narrative
* Gathering seed ideas from a list
* Using a web to grow seed ideas
* Organizing ideas to make sense
* Writing a catchy lead
* Expectations of a rough draft
* Making writing stronger: personal monologue
* Revising: "Lifting a line"
* Editing for Capitals, Understanding, Punctuation, Spelling
* Signing up for a writing conference with the teacher
* Publishing expectations
* Sharing & Listening expectations
Lesson plan bundle includes optional wording for teachers (if you're looking for something to just print and use) - but is easily adaptable to create a longer or shorter unit if you so choose.