SIX days of mini-lessons in one PowerPoint
*The main lesson would be using commas after transitional words or phrases and in compound sentences.
1. Create a pre-writing graphic organizer.
2. Spice up the topic sentence and stretch the graphic organizer into a beginning, middle, and end.
4. Write so readers can infer.
5. Use commas in transitional words and phrases.
6. Use commas in compound sentences (fun cheer included).
7. Similes help create word pictures.
This is my favorite writing lesson so far.
*The font is Comic Sans. I'm not sure why the thumbnails are showing something else.