Writing is one of those subjects that is tricky to teach. This unit was created out of a need for my classroom. I felt that I was providing direct instruction and independent practice time, but lacked guided practice (interactive instruction between teacher and student). The Personal Narrative Unit is a 3-week, common core aligned, unit filled with in-depth lesson plans, student materials, classroom posters, assessments and more! It is truly a resource that can be printed and implemented right away! Oh...And there's even a celebration at the end!
The resources in this packet are simply, but creatively designed for students!
This pack includes:
- Suggested Time Table
- Brainstorming Ideas Lesson Plan
- Visually & Orally Planning Lesson Plan
- Elements of a Personal Narrative Lesson Plan
- Staying on Topic Lesson Plan
- Zooming In Lesson Plan
- Adding Details Lesson Plan
- Show, Not Tell Lesson Plan
- Tell-A-Story Words Lesson Plan
- Identify Purpose of a Lead Lesson Plan
- Endings Lesson Plan
- Revise Lesson Plan
- Edit Lesson Plan
- Publish Lesson Plan
- Personal Narrative Poster
- Brainstorm Notes Page
- Personal Narrative Elements Chart
- Tell-A-Story Words Poster & Student Reference Page
- Revise Poster
- Editing Checklist
- 6 Personal Narrative Examples
- Personal Narrative Rubric
- Printable Writing Paper (3 versions)
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
We'd love to hear your feedback- Please leave us a review to earn some TPT credits! :)
Click here to like the New Trick School Facebook page for awesome Freebies!