Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
In this Personal Narrative Unit students learn how to put their ideas together effectively for an essay. The pack includes:
PowerPoint presentation (24 modifiable slides)
Lecture script (very detailed)
Practical Skills Handout (Sentences and Commas)
Practice Exercises Worksheet (to show skills learned in the course of the lecture)
Flashcards (Dependent words and clauses)
1. Introduction into the topic
2. Techniques for writing a strong introduction
3. Writing Main Body
4. Practice 1.
5. Four Basics of a Good Topic Sentence
6. Four Basics of Good Support
7. Practice 2
8. I. Writing an Effective Conclusion
9. I. Using Transitions to Tie Your Ideas
10. Practical Skills: The Sentence. (complete, incomplete, simple, complex, compound, subordinating clauses, commas)
11. Practice 3, 4
1. Demonstrate the academic writing process of pre-writing, organizing, developing, drafting, revising, and editing.
2. Demonstrate well-developed essay and research writing skills including a defined thesis, and logical paragraph development and sentence structure.