This 231-page Personal Narrative Writer’s Workshop for 3rd Grade is aligned with Common Core Standards includes everything you need to run a successful writer's workshop with minimal prep! (Detailed Lessons, Examples, Exemplars, Mini-Lessons, Prompts, Graphic Organizers, Checklists, and Rubric).
- 3+ weeks of detailed lesson plans including: Writing Ideas, Choosing a Topic, Organization, When/Why/How to Conference, Editing and Revising, and Publishing.
- Mini-lessons on parts of speech, using a dictionary, regular and irregular plural nouns, simple verb tenses, and the verb "to be."
- Additional review mini-lessons on nouns, verbs in past tense, pronouns, and capitalization.
- Tips are provided throughout the unit on conferencing, differentiation, assisting ESOL, EIP, and struggling writers, preparing for observations, and ways to overcome Writer's Workshop challenges
- Handouts for all lessons
- Suggested Published Personal Narrative List
- Writing Guides for planning, organizing, drafting, and publishing
- Exemplars written by Jessica Zannini
- A Personal Narrative Journal with 10 prompts
- Bulletin Board Display with Writing Process Cards, Vocabulary Words, Essential Questions, and I Can Statements
- A 46-page Student Handbook with all handouts and guides
Other Products You Might Enjoy
Third Grade Creative Writing Bundle
Poetry Literacy Centers for the Year
Connect with Me
Want to learn more about teaching writing? You can follow me at:
Notes From the Portable
Copyright © Jessica Zannini. All rights reserved by the author. This product is for the original downloader only. Duplication for an entire school, school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. This product is intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. Clip-art and font credits are provided in the product file.