This Personal Narrative Writing Unit includes EVERYTHING you need to teach this specific style of writing in your middle school classroom (grades 5-8)! From introducing the concept all the way to strengthening your students' writing, this resource has it all! See the outline below for everything that you'll receive when downloading this resource!
INCLUDED IN THIS UNIT:
- Instructions for Use
- 20-Page Student Booklet
*What is a Personal Narrative?
*Understanding Point of View
*Narrative Writing Choice Board (students can choose one of 9 prompts to focus on - this is also for sale separately in our store)
*6 Leads in Narrative Writing
*Writing Your Own Leads
*Dialogue in Narrative Writing
*Dialogue Rules in Action
*All About Figurative Language
*Creating Stronger Sentences
*English Cheat Sheet (includes adjectives, adverbs, clauses, etc.)
- 20-Page Teacher Answer Key
*This includes not only a teacher key, but also teacher examples for various activities and concepts
- Personal Narrative Teacher Example
- Personal Narrative EDITABLE RUBRIC (PowerPoint needed to access)
- Cover for your students' booklets
- BONUS: Peer Editing Handouts + Narrative Writing Scavenger Hunt!
Want to save 20%? Grab this resource in our Narrative Writing Bundle for just $5 more!
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at ebacademiccamps @ gmail . com
OTHER RESOURCES YOU WILL LIKE:
- 60 Weekly Writing Prompts
- Reading Response Choice Board
- Emergency Sub Plans for Middle School
- Reading Response Project Choice Board Bingo
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for sales and all things Middle School ELA!