Telling about your first experience is a great way to pull wonderful writing out of children. Writing personal narratives can be tricky. This writing pack includes step by step instructions on planning, writing and revising the personal narrative essay.
Everything you need to teach and assess personal narrative essay writing!
These materials are easily adaptable to meet the needs of 3rd - 6th graders. While teaching the basics of personal narrative writing, these materials will engage your students and motivate them to write. They will also reinforce the importance of using the 6+1 Writing Traits. Ready to print and teach!
Included in the download is one .pdf format file:
• High-interest personal narrative writing prompt
• A Guide for helping students understand why pre-writing is important
• Planning/Pre-writing sheets
• Student-friendly reference sheets that can used throughout the year for a variety of writing assignments:
o What is a Personal Narrative Essay?
o How to Organize a Personal Narrative essay
o Writing Introductions and Conclusions
o Signal/Transition Words
o Planning Map example
o Personal Narrative essay example
• Detailed revision checklist
• Rubric for easy and thoughtful assessment of 6+1 Writing Traits
• Grading Sheet
• Decorative Writing Paper for publishing/presentation
• Clear Instructions and tips for teaching personal narrative writing
If you downloaded this product, please leave a rating and tell us what you think!
Copyright © 2016 R. Russell. All rights reserved by author.