Guide your students through the writing process with this personal narrative writing unit. Everything you need is included! Lesson plans are in learning focused format.
Students will reflect on their memories in life so far, then plan, draft, revise, edit, and publish one of their favorite memories. There are mentor texts included in the lesson plans. If you don't have the book, no worries, I have added YouTube links for each text so your students won't miss out!
I have taught this unit to my second graders so it is tried and tested. I could also see this unit working for as young as 1st graders to as old as 3rd graders.
- 16 days of detailed lesson plans with pre and post writing prompt
- grading rubric to track student grow from beginning of unit to end
- mentor texts with links to YouTube
- brainstorming organizer
- brainstorming organizer sample example
- senses foursquare for adding details
- senses foursquare for adding details sample example
- story planning page
- story planning page sample examples
- drafting organizer
- one day tombstone poster
- 2 leads strategy cut out and glue in for writing journals
- categorized sound effect words poster
- boring leads task cards (great for centers as well!)
- parts of a sentence chant
- publishing paper
- conferencing notes page
I hope you enjoy this unit!