Also included in
- Do you want your writing block to be more fun and engaging for your second graders? This bundle includes writing units that are KID-FRIENDLY and make teaching writing a breeze! We’ve got everything you need to get your students writing narratives, informational reports, and opinion pieces! The writiPrice $32.00Original Price $40.00Save $8.00
This second grade Personal Narrative Writing Unit is just what you need to teach this skill! This unit has kid-friendly rubrics, anchor charts, graphic organizers, and even centers! With the included mentor text and lesson plans, you will be able to effortlessly guide your students through writing a personal narrative!
When it comes to writing, there is so much we want (and need) to teach our students. However, we cannot focus on all of it all at once or we will cause our students to hate writing. I have broken this down into easy to implement lesson plans and have included all of the materials you need. This unit can be implemented at an easy pace---spread out over four weeks, or can be condensed to be taught in a shorter time period.
What's Included in this Personal Narrative Writing Unit:
- Mentor Text
- Rubric & Checklists
- 12 Easy to Implement Lesson Plans
- 6 Centers
- Graphic Organizers
- Posters (These anchor charts can also be printed and put in a writing notebook)
- UPDATE: Now includes a digital (Google Slides) version of the resource! Learn more here.
Mini Lessons Taught: (W.2.3)
- Brainstorming Topics
- Picking a Small Moment
- Remembering Details
- Writing a Skeleton Outline
- Developing a Strong Introduction
- Writing the First Draft
- Writing as a Paragraph
- Adding Details
- Writing a Conclusion
- Editing with a Partner
- Revising & Revisiting the Rubric
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐My students really enjoyed the activities in this pack. It really helped them understand the concept and importance of writing a personal narrative.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐This was a lifesaver for me. I'm not a fan of teaching writing because I always feel at a loss of what to do/when. This laid it all out for me and kept my kids on task and engaged.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐This is such a well-organized resource! My students loved it, I loved it! It really does a great job at breaking down the pieces and parts of personal narrative writing.
You may also be interested in:
- 2nd Grade Fictional Narrative Writing Unit
- 2nd Grade Opinion Piece Writing Unit
- 2nd Grade Advanced Opinion Writing Unit
- 2nd Grade Informational Report Writing Unit (Science)
- 2nd Grade Biography Writing Unit
Or Save the Most BUY THE BUNDLE
©Thrifty in Third Grade
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED