This personal narrative writer's workshop unit is aligned with the common core standards! It uses small moments to help guide students in writing narratives about their life. This was designed with first grade in mind, but can easily work in kindergarten and second grade classrooms.
I needed structure and guidance for my first graders to successfully write their own personal narratives, so I created this packet to do just that!
- Teacher Tips from my classroom
- Daily lessons in the "I do, We do, You do" format
- Graphic organizers to walk students through the following processes:
- Drawing it out
- Stretching it out & Adding details
- Mini author study using Jonathan London's FROGGY books to add different writing features to our stories. (Transition words, ellipses, sound effects, and using ALL CAPS)
- Anchor charts
- Revising and Editing checklists
- Grading rubric
- Final Draft pages for publishing (Cover page, lined paper with picture boxes for illustrations, and a meet the author page).
Please download the preview to see more about what's included!