Also included in
- Terrific Writing is a comprehensive 3rd grade writing curriculum. These grade 3 writing units have done-for-you lesson plans and no prep activities. This bundle includes Unit 1 ‘Personal Narratives’, Unit 2 ’Opinion Writing', Unit 3 'Informational Writing', and Unit 4 'Fictional Narratives' where yoPrice $39.99Original Price $59.96Save $19.97
Looking to teach personal narrative writing to your grade 3 students? Terrific Writing is a comprehensive writing curriculum for Third Grade. This is Unit 1 ‘Personal Narratives’, where your students will learn how to write engaging stories about their lives.
This curriculum is standards based (to the common core) and genre based.
Want to try a free sample before purchasing? Try a lesson for free !
Are you struggling to teach writing? Do your students hate writing lessons?
Teaching writing can be so tricky, I get it!
Well don’t worry, I’ve got you covered.
In this curriculum, your students will develop a love of writing. The graphic organizers, interactive notebooks, and final craft will engage students much more than a blank piece of paper. The final writing piece asks students to write about a special day that they have chosen! After all, students love to write about things that they are interested in.
Writing doesn’t have to be dull and students definitely shouldn’t hate writing!
This 5 week unit has EVERYTHING you need, because let’s be honest, teachers are time poor.
Let’s get your evenings and weekends back, my friend! Take a break from lesson planning and searching for engaging materials. It’s all right here.
- 25 step-by-step scripted lesson plans
- 25 posters
- 20 graphic organizers / worksheets
- 2 interactive notebooks and 1 writing craft
- 2 original mentor texts (PowerPoint versions and PDF in color and b&w)
- 24 tasks cards extension activities (2 versions - b&w, color)
- 1 assessment rubric
The lessons follow a simple format of mini lesson, think and share, and independent writing time.
- Video overview to help organize and implement the unit
- List of common core standards that align with this unit
- Teacher directions for the lesson plans
- Suggestions for differentiation and lesson times
- List of recommended mentor texts (with links)
- Unit scope and at-a-glance calendar
- Lesson materials list
- Student book/folder cover (3 versions - journal, notebook, or folder)
- 1 writing prompt pre-assessment
- 4 lined pages (for first drafts and crafts)
- 2 checklists
- 1 set of compliment notes (2 versions - b&w, color)
- 1 certificate (2 versions - b&w, color)
- Teacher directions, examples, and elaborations for the rubric
- Video with tips for using the rubric
Lesson 1 - What is a personal narrative?
Lesson 2 - What can I write about?
Lesson 3 - What is a small moment?
Lesson 4 - My small moment
Lesson 5 - Positive memorable moments
Lesson 6 - Negative memorable moments
Lesson 7 - What is the structure of a narrative?
Lesson 8 - Narratives need characters
Lesson 9 - Narratives need a setting
Lesson 10 - Narratives have problems
Lesson 11 - Narratives have solutions
Lesson 12 - What will my narrative be about?
Lesson 13 - Let’s plan a narrative
Lesson 14 - Start with a hook
Lesson 15 - Writing an introduction
Lesson 16 - Show, don’t tell
Lesson 17 - Stretching sentences
Lesson 18 - Using dialogue
Lesson 19 - Powerful paragraphs
Lesson 20 - Transition words
Lesson 21 - Writing an ending
Lesson 22 - Putting it all together
Lesson 23 - Revise and edit
Lesson 24 - Final draft and illustrations
Lesson 25 - Publishing party
Check out the preview to get a closer look. What are you waiting for?! :)
Also, watch this video to see what's included in the unit. Click .
Or read the blog post .
Enjoy this resource! Don't forget to follow my store for more awesome products and rate this product for your TPT credits :)