The charts in this bundle were created for students to keep in their writing journals. They are great references for students to look back at throughout the unit, and follow the lesson plans of the MAISA Unit of Personal Essay Writing on the Oakland Rubicon Atlas. Below is a list of the names of the charts. Some charts are also used for students to fill in and organize their writing. There is a bundle of 15 total charts to use throughout a personal essay unit!!! Each chart will guide your lesson for the day. I have placed them in the order I use to teach writing personal opinion essay writing.
1. Examining the Structure of Essays (Teacher Copy and Student blank copy - 2 charts) (will need the book, Chicken Soup for the Kid’s Soul 2)
2. Possible Essay Ideas (story ideas filled in - option 1)
3. Possible Essay Ideas (blank copy - option 2 if you want to pick your own stories)
4. How Do We Create Opinions?
5. Creating MY Opinion Statement
6. Idea/Detail Chart & Using Parallel Structure
7. Creating an Introduction & Trying out Different Introductions (2 charts)
8. Supporting my Point of View & How Do I End my Paragraph? (2 charts)
9. Creating a Conclusion & Trying out Different Conclusions
10. Comparing Narrative and Essay Writing
11. Revise and Edit Chart
12. Zoom in on my writing