The Personal Space Journey is a collection of activities to teach children about personal space. You can choose how to utilize the materials. Some children may benefit from reading the story first with follow up. Others may need to work on body awareness activities in order to maintain personal space.
This collection includes the following:
1. Personal Space Journey Board Game
2. 24 Body Cards - the child has to make his/her body look exactly like the body on the card
3. 24 Challenge Cards - complete the body awareness and motor planning challenges written on each card
4. 16 Movement Cards - complete the movement cards to practice body awareness moving through space
5. Body in Motion Challenges Worksheet - try to complete the 16 motor skills moving your body in different ways
6. Self Portrait - practice drawing a self portrait and remember to include many body parts
7. Color the Body - identify and color in various body parts
8. Personal Space Journey Letter for Home - letter written to parents about developing body awareness
9. Personal Space and School - a 12 page social story about maintaining personal space in school
10. “I Can” Statement Posters to compliment the Personal Space social story - 12 “I Can” posters to hang throughout the school to reinforce the personal space journey
11. Twelve Small cards of the “I Can” Statements - provide the child with these small cards to remind them to maintain personal space in different situations - i.e. tape to a desk, slip in a notebook, etc.
12. Personal Space Journey Certificate - complete this certificate when child has mastered maintaining personal space
13. Handwriting Practice - 8 pages of handwriting practice for the child to list ways to maintain personal space in different situations. Provided in dotted line format, double line format (Handwriting without Tears® style) and regular lined paper.