I created this dictionary for my students to keep in their desks so that it is ready for them to use when they need to look for commonly spelled words and/or to add words that they need specifically for their writing. This student dictionary comes with 300+ commonly spelled words used by children, as well as blank lines for words to be added.
On the letter pages, months of the year are displayed in blue, days of the week are displayed in purple, sports are displayed in green, and holidays and special days are displayed in red for easy viewing on the appropriate pages.
Other added pages include:
- reminders for printed letters, cursive letters, consonants, vowels, right/left hand, letters that hang below the line, and ‘b’ and ‘d’ reversals
- reminder synonyms for the words, said, small, big, happy, angry, sad, good, bad, beautiful, look, hold, walk
- reminders for days of week and months of the year abbreviations
- reminders for - synonyms, homonyms, antonyms, syllables, compound words, and contractions
- reminders for metric measurements.
This student dictionary is great to use for students’ personal writing, etc. I have my students bring me their dictionaries open to the first letter of the word they need to make it easier and faster for me to write the word they need.
The downloadable preview shows samples of all dictionary pages and a printing guide in case it is needed.
This download contains:
- The dictionary created as a pdf document. One 8 ½ x 11 page double-sided contains 4 dictionary pages. A total of 9 - 8 ½ x 11 pages are needed to create the 36 page student dictionary.
The dictionary pages are organized as follows:
Page 1 – title page
Page 2 – reminders for printed letters, cursive letters, consonants, vowels, right/left hand, letters that hang below the line, and ‘b’ and ‘d’ reversals
Pages 3 – 26 – one page each for letters ‘A’ to ‘R’, two pages for the letter ‘S’, one page each for letters ‘T’ to ‘W’
Page 27 – one page for letters ‘X’ to ‘Z’
Page 28 – Days of Week and Months of the Year abbreviations
Pages 29 – 32 - Synonyms for the words: said, small, big, happy, angry, sad, good, bad, beautiful, look, hold, walk
Pages 33 – 34 reminders for - synonyms, homonyms, antonyms, syllables, compound words, and contractions
Page 35 – metric measurements
Page 36 – back page
Student Write In Dictionary
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License