Also included in
- This Figurative Language BOOM CARDS™ BUNDLE of task cards for 3rd-6th grade includes hyperboles, similes/metaphors, alliteration, idioms, proverbs/adages, personification, onomatopoeia, and puns task cards on the BOOM PLATFORM. This BUNDLE is perfect for teachers who need want engaging and informat$21.00$27.00Save $6.00
These personification BOOM CARDS™ activities are perfect for teachers who want their 3rd-6th graders to better understand how personification is used to enhance the written and spoken word.
This personification deck includes 60 task cards (5 personification instructional pages and 54 personification task cards with a variety of questions) with the following tasks for each set of cards:
- Task cards 7-42 have your students first identify the object being personified in the sentence. Then they have to choose the word that is personifying that object.
- Task cards 43-52 are multiple-choice answers that have your students figure out the meaning of the personified sentence.
- Task cards 53-60 are drag and drop answers, where your students will choose a trait, quality or action that best personifies the sentence.
This resource is completely digital. As students answer each question, they will receive immediate feedback. This helps students practice independent learning while strengthening skills.
What are the benefits of using BOOM Cards?
- Assign different students different BOOM decks for easy differentiation
- BOOM CARDS™ give immediate feedback and are self-correcting, saving you grading time
- BOOM CARDS™ require no preparation, which means no printing, laminating, or storage
- Hold students accountable for independent work
- Provide paperless practice that is perfect for remote learning
What do you need in order to use BOOM Cards?
- A computer, tablet or interactive whiteboard
- An internet browser OR the free BOOM app
- An internet connection
- A free or paid BOOM account
- You may need your purchase ID from TPT in order to redeem your deck. If you do not know how to find your Purchase ID, click here to watch a 30 second video that shows you how.
How do you assign the BOOM Cards to students?
- Login to Boom Learning or create a new account. You only need a free account! However, if you choose to upgrade, there are several options for assigning this resource!
- If using the FREE version of BOOM Learning, once you’re logged into your Boom teacher account, go to “Library,” find the deck you want students to use, click on “FastPin” and select “Generate New Pin.”
Option #1: Copy and paste the complete link for students to play, or…
Option #2: Go to the Boom main page (boomlearning.com) on a computer (or on the Boom app). Prompt students to click on the “FastPlay” button. Enter the pin and click “play.”
- If using a PAID version of BOOM Learning, you can do the following:
Get reports about student progress and activity
Easily assign students multiple decks to work on
Create an entire classroom of student logins
This personification figurative language product is #5 in a series of EIGHT products. THESE ARE THE PRINTABLE PDF TASK CARD FILES WITH AN OPTION IN GOOGLE:
SAVE MONEY AND BUY THE WHOLE FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE BUNDLE!
My newest figurative language product is for use as a daily warm-up, early finisher, or homework activity (designed to be 4-6 minutes each day including correcting and/or discussion time). Check it out here:
Sign up for access to my EXCLUSIVE FREE RESOURCE LIBRARY AND NEWSLETTER.
For updates on new products and product specials, follow me:
Kirsten Tulsian has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.