Also included in
- PRINT & DIGITAL Just what you need to teach argumentative and persuasive writing. Your students will understand these rhetorical devices with this resource that breaks ethos, pathos, and logos down into easy-to-understand lessons.Real-world examples of ethos, pathos, and logos. Students analyze$7.00$10.00Save $3.00
Real-world examples of ethos, pathos, and logos. Students analyze these rhetorical devices and then practice applying them by responding to a creative writing prompt.
This resource includes:
• introduction to argument
• review of fact & opinion
• definition of terms
• finding examples of ethos, pathos, and logos in advertising
• analysis of how writers use ethos, pathos, and logos
• creative writing prompt using ethos, pathos, and logos
• analysis of three "In the Wild" ads
• analysis of The Gettysburg Address
• teacher checklist
• complete answer key
Please see the preview for all the "goodies" in this product.
Reasons to ♥ this resource:
♥ ready to use -- print and teach!
♥ real-world examples show how we really use these rhetorical devices
♥ prepare your students to read and write arguments.
♥ creative writing prompt draws on higher order thinking skills
Going paperless? This resource is also available to use in a paperless classroom. Suitable to work with Google Classroom or OneDrive
You might also be interested in these items:
I'd love for you to follow my store and be the first to learn about freebies, sales, and new products. Just click on that little green star by my store name.
I read and respond to all feedback. I love hearing how you use my resources in your classroom; plus, you earn TPT credits! If you have any questions, please let me know by sending me a note through the Q & A section below. I will get right back to you!