UPDATED Dec. 2014! :)
This is a reference guide for writing a persuasive essay that is NOT text based that:
1. Explains what a persuasive essay is
2. Gives key tips and information on what should be in an essay: focus, organization, support, conventions
3. Provides support sentence starters
4. Gives a copyrighted organization checklist that is an outline for an persuasive essay.
5. Shows a model essay in outline form using the given outline on the checklist.
6. Shows the model essay in "final" form.
6. Gives 6 persuasive strategies to be used in the objection or anecdote. (These strategies are shown in use in the model essay.)
This is a great reference/study guide tool to use after students have been taught how to write this kind of essay! I sometimes refer to it as a "cheat sheet" with my students. (They like to think that I am giving them some kind of secret.)
You might think of this as one of those charts that you see at your local Target or Walmart around back to school time that breaks down a subject to the essentials. Those are designed for upper high school & college. Mine is designed for Middle and early High School.
It is INCLUDED in my condensed unit: Expository and Persuasive Essays Unit - the condensed version
Please e-mail me with any questions. Thanks & Enjoy!