Persuasive / Exposition annotated writing exemplar / example modeling pack. Teaches structure, modal verbs and adverbs, evaluative language, persuasive sentence starters and rhetorical questions. Includes bonus vocabulary and reading comprehension strategy task cards.
This Pack Includes ALL of these features:
1. An explanation of what an exemplar is and how this can be used to improve students' writing and enhance their results.
2. A written exemplar of a persuasive text (Dogs…A School’s Best Friend)
3. An annotated exemplar of the same text which highlights these structural features (see thumbnail image for example):
- 3 Arguments
4. An annotated exemplar of the same text which highlights these key language features (see thumbnail image for example):
- Modal verbs and adverbs
- Evaluative language
- Persuasive sentence starters
- Rhetorical questions
5. A non-example of the same text where the language features have been removed to show students how unsatisfactory a text is without these and why they MUST include them.
6. Bonus features included in this pack:
- Vocabulary activities that match the text.
- Reading comprehension task cards that match the text.
Modelling Effective Writing
Modelling effective writing is essential if you want students to improve their writing skills and ability. It is important for students to visually see what they are expected to do before they start writing themselves.
But Who Has The Time?
However, creating examples (especially annotated ones) is hard and VERY time consuming! Luckily I have created this package to save you all of that time and energy. Now you can focus on what matters, teaching all of your students how to become outstanding writers!
If you enjoyed this product, you might also enjoy:
Poetry Annotated Exemplar and Modelling Pack.
Narrative Writing Annotated Exemplar and Modelling Pack
Word of the Week for the ENTIRE year poster and activities pack
Stay updated on my products and network with other teachers.
Click here to follow me on Facebook.
Click here to follow me on Pinterest
Feedback and Ratings:
A big thank you to everyone who leaves a rating or feedback. It earns you TPT points but also lets me know if you like my product and would like more of the same. I am so immensely thankful and humbled whenever someone takes the time to do this so please know that it is always greatly appreciated. :)