This pack consists of 9 persuasive writing packs that can be used for Google Slides and Google Classroom. You choose the pack and then assign to students to complete digitally. These packs are also completely student driven, so little direction is needed on the part of the teacher.
The topics included are both interesting, engaging to students, and controversial, so expect great results from students. In each pack, there are articles and information for students to read which will give them background on the topic. There are also graphic organizers and ALL information needed to get students stating their opinion. They are then asked to write a persuasive paper on the topic using the knowledge gained.
The topics included are as follows:
- Should cursive be taught in schools?
- Should zoos and aquariums exist?
- Should the Washington Redskins change their name?
- Should there be year-round school?
- Should schools and libraries ban books?
- Should school lunches only consist of healthy food?
- Should classrooms have pets?
- Should young kids be allowed to play Fortnite?
- Should we celebrate Columbus Day or Indigenous Peoples' Day?
These are completely digital, so please make sure you will be able to assign to students before purchasing this pack.