PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This NO PREP activity is a great way to engage your students in persuasive writing! Students will be writing in the point of view of a cute cat, dog or rabbit that is at the humane society waiting to be adopted. Students will practice their informational reading skills as well as opinion writing skills as they try to persuade a family to adopt them and give them their fur-ever home!
In this activity, I have provided three different animals with both a short adoption biography and an informational reading piece for each. Students will then take the point of view of their animal and use the information gained from both the biography and animal information sheet to persuade someone to adopt them.
This activity requires no prep. Simply print the pages and students will be on their way to completing this fun writing assignment.
Included in this activity:
• Teacher page, includes tips on getting started and how I used this resource in my classroom
• 6 animals with a picture and an adoption biography for each
• 3 informational animal passages, one for each animal (B&W and Color Versions)
• persuasive writing graphic organizer
• persuasive writing transition word list
• editing and revising checklist
• 3 animal border lined stationary pages for final drafts (B&W and Color Versions)
Don't forget to follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted.
Also, make sure to leave feedback on your purchase. Your feedback will earn you TPT CREDITS that you can use towards future purchases.