These Persuasive Writing Journal Prompts now include a digital distance learning option in Google Slides™ (in addition to the printable PDF file). Please refer to the final 7 pages of the file for the link and instructions.
These no-prep persuasive writing prompts worksheets are common core aligned for 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th grade.
This file includes:
- a brief overview of the purpose for persuasive writing on reference pages
- 24 persuasive writing prompts with built in graphic organizers
NOTE: Each prompt includes a prewriting brainstorming map for students to identify their position or opinion, reasons for their opinion, evidence or examples, and evidence of thought about the opposite point of view. The second page (could be the back side if it is copied that way) of each persuasive writing prompt gives space for students to complete their persuasive writing essay.
NOTE: THIS FILE NOW INCLUDES A DIGITAL OPTION!
As of 1/21/19, this product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive--no outside links to worry about!
These journal prompts can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides.
If you like this persuasive writing prompts product, you may find interest in other products in my store. Please check out these language arts products:
Kirsten Tulsian has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.