Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Check out this Christmas persuasive writing activity with graphic organizer, anchor chart, and fun writing assignment!
Finding Christmas activities for older elementary students can be very difficult! There are so many standards to meet and not enough time to take a break for Holiday crafts! Use this great, fun, activity to incorporate a bit of Holiday Cheer into your daily lesson!
This Activity Includes:
1. Persuasive Writing Anchor Chart – OREO Persuasive Paragraph Writing (Christmas Cookie Theme)
2. Oreo Graphic Organizer/Interactive Notebook Flipable / Foldable pieces. This single page can be used multiple ways- for instruction with an interactive notebook, or as a graphic organizer to match the anchor chart. Great for all year!
3. Graphic Organizer to help students organize a 5 -7 sentence persuasive paragraph. This organizer can be the first building block in writing more complicated, detailed persuasive pieces of writing. Great for all year!
4. Graphic Organizer for a 5 paragraph persuasive writing piece for more advances writers. This is great for classroom differentiation. Both organizers look similar, but one offers more challenge to proficient writers.
5. Elf Job Application- Begin writing persuasive sentences with strong, descriptive language.
6. Personal Interest Inventory to help students recognize their talents and areas of strength to add information and to their persuasive writing.
7. Elf Letter of Interest (2 versions)– Use the graphic organizers above to write a letter to Santa that will convince him to hire you as an elf! Two versions for differentiation.
8. Persuasive writing sentence starters- Sentence starter ideas for all elements of OREO writing. This piece is good for year-round use.
9. Editing Check List
10. Elf Writing Rubric (2 versions)- one ready to print version plus an editable version so you can change the emphasis of the writing.
11. 3 different Help Wanted style posters for bulletin board display.
Thank you for your purchase! Please remember to rate this product and earn your TpT credits for future purchases!
Enjoy this Christmas Activity from Kile's Classroom and be sure to check out the other holiday activities!
Key Words: Persuasive Writing, Graphic Organizer, Christmas Writing, OREO, Interactive Notebook, Writing Notebook